Know your grocer, know your food source.
Hi, and thanks for visiting Rosary Acres on the web! We are a family owned and operated business, rooted in Christian values and sustainable, eco-friendly practices and specializing in gathering all of your natural, organic, and local foods under one roof.
CLOSING OUR RETAIL STORE
After 2 1/2 years of countless hours and hard work , we at Rosary Acres have had to make the difficult decision to close our retail business.
Unfortunately, we have not been able to grow sales at a fast enough pace to maintain the business.
Organic Foods and educating the public on healthy eating is a passion that we have been so happy to share. We believe that the existence of Rosary Acres has brought awareness of the importance of organic foods, supporting our local farmers, and our rights as consumers to the Ligonier Valley.
We will treasure our friendships and all of the wonderful moments we have shared at Rosary Acres.
We will continue baking our Rosary Acres Artisan Breads by keeping our bakery in the rear of our existing building. You can find breads at :
- Abigail’s Coffee House here in town
- Pittsburgh Public Market in the Pgh Strip District
- Ligonier Christmas Country Market, at the YMCA in November.
- Ligonier Country Market, summer 2014
- or you can place an order directly with us.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we embark on this new chapter of our lives. We will continue to pray for our Rosary Acres family and friends.
After Retail Closes, What is next and how do I SHOP?
We are moving to a CO-OP Style Ordering Business Model so that we can be sustainable and serve our community into the future.
Details for Co-Op Style Ordering…Beginning… Nov 1st 2013
- Request what you would on a wish list by email.
- ( Ex: 1 case of Pederson’s Kielbasa or 2 each of the Desert Essence Lemon Shampoo. Anything in your home that you would like to order on email ) *
- Order any item from Frankferd Farm Foods, providing item number, description (whole wheat flour 5#) and qty (x1 each/ x1 case)
- Local products are available….Local Beef, chicken, eggs, Family Cow Raw Milk & etc. **
- All order are to be p’up on scheduled time and paid for cash or check
- Here is the schedule for ordering and pick up at Rosary Acres Rear Entrance.
Orders due Weds Oct 30th …… pick up Fri Nov 8th, Time TBD
Orders due Weds Nov 13th ….. Pick up Fri Nov 22nd, Time TBD
Orders due Weds Nov 27th ….. Pick up Fri Dec 6th, Time TBD
Order due Weds Dec 11th …… Pick up Fri Dec 20th, Time TBD
Order due Sun Dec 22nd …… Pick up Fri Jan 3rd, Time TBD
If you have any questions, please call…Rick at 724-238-4140 office or 724-516-3187 cell
Or email: email@example.com
What's new at Rosary Acres?
Come and Join our Kombucha Brewing and Beet Kvass Class! posted May 29th, 2013
It’s finally scheduled! KOMBUCHA BREWING, and BEET KVASS BREWING , is the next class for Rosary Acres Food School. It will be Thursday, June 20th at 7 pm. You will take home a Kombucha Scoby (or mother) , starter tea , and directions for brewing your own Kombucha at home. We will go over brewing Kombucha and common mistakes. We will also show how to make Beet Kvass, a fermented beet drink, and invaluable blood tonic. After words ,we will have Kombucha and Kvass tasting. Registration and payment due by June 18, cost of class is $25.